Most standard home surveys will note common asbestos materials used in the building industry but no advice will be given regarding the condition or likely costs involved with dealing with such materials, since it is normally outside their scope of their work.
Asbestos surveys can be difficult to understand to the un-trained eye and we have developed this service specifically for property buyers and sellers to ensure that any materials can be clearly identified. We also include jargon-free advice about any materials identified and what can be done to make them safe.
Based on the standard HSG264 Management Asbestos Survey, the home buyer’s asbestos survey also includes estimated costs for any remedial work that may be required for dangerous or badly deteriorated materials, ensuring you are not buying a property which may cost you a small fortune in the future.
Following a Home Buyer Asbestos Survey you will receive:
- A “Management Asbestos Survey report” with schematic diagram and asbestos register, in accordance with HSG264
- Clear recommendations in layman’s terms
- Approximate costs for any likely remedial / removal work
- Bulk sampling certificate from UKAS accredited laboratory relating to any samples taken
- Easy to read report layout